The hunt for the best hot cocoa in Denver begins
After Mother Nature decided to storm her way into Colorado by dumping snow on our heads before Halloween, Metromix had a deep thought: we need to find Denver’s best hot chocolate. Yes, some thoughts don’t get much deeper than that. Sure, many people were worried about finding the best snow tires, but not Metromix. Sorry, but snow tires don’t taste good when you smear chocolate syrup and a mountain of whipped cream on top. And gosh darn it, snow tires don’t show you love and affection like hot chocolate does when it’s below freezing out.
Sure, we may have more intimate feelings toward hot chocolate than you, but that’s a good thing. When Metromix went on the hunt for Denver’s best hot chocolate, we knew what we were looking for:
• Heat: The temperature needed to be warm enough to keep our tummies warm, but not blazing hot that our tongue wanted to jump out of our mouth and go Kung Fu on our butts.
• Chocolat-y-ness: Okay, so all chocolate is amazing. But, we don’t want to go flip five bucks on a cup of chocolate deliciousness we can make at home by mixing in hot water. Let’s be honest, we’re not rolling in the dough.
• Whipped cream love: Hey, the more the merrier. When you’re on the hunt for Denver’s best hot chocolate, you’re not concerned about calories, ladies.
• Ingredient hogs: Yo, if you have chocolate syrup, don’t be frugal with it. Open the chocolate cap and let loose. Be loose as a moose.
• Wallet damage: Come on now, nine dolla bills for a cup of chocolate and steamed milk? That’s robbery. We expect top-notch cocoa but don’t want to explain to our banks why we’re always in the hole. At least not for hot chocolate. Maybe cute new pumps. Maybe.
• Chocolate happiness zone: So nothing is worse than being in your chocolate zone and people are snooty around you. When you’re drinking hot chocolate, you want to think happy thoughts…and having that get interrupted with rude service and atmosphere is just totally bogus.