Denver, CO 80205
Tue.-Sun., 5:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
Brunch Sat. & Sun. 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
Nightclub stage open until 2 a.m.
- Cuisine: Organic . Grown in Colorado.
- Meals Served: Dinner and Weekend Brunch
- Price Range: $$ ($9-$15)
- Reservations: Recommended for eating in the dining room.
- Alcohol: Full Bar . Local organic vodkas, whiskeys, brandies and gins
- Admission Price: Varies by event
In the dead center of a conglomeration of concrete, train tracks and industrial commerce lies a cozy cafe covered with lush vines and surrounded by trees lovingly planted by owner Marilyn Megenity. Not only is Mercury Cafe one of the city's only restaurants powered by renewable energy (wind and solar) and sustained by recycled materials, but everything on their menu is organic, locally grown, farm-raised and as close to the eating straight out of the earth as humanly possible. In addition to its kickass menu and full bar, the Merc is also one of the city's sweetest venues for bands, dancers, poets and hippies of all kinds. Swing and tango dancers, slam poets, artists, and musicians frequent the Merc for its dance floor, stage and welcoming crowd of creative folks.
- Restaurant Style
- Music Style
- Blues, Jazz, Latin, and Salsa
- Dress Code
- Knit hats and holey jeans for club part. A little nicer for the restaurant.
- All Ages
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Cozy and Laid Back Casual
- Yes. Whether or not it works is another question. Bring your own cash.
- Live Music
- Noise Level
- Romance Factor
- Fun and Flirty
- City Skyline, Dancing, Late Night, Lessons Available, Live Performances, and Story Times
- Average Drink Price
- Worth Noting
Mercury Cafe offers a variety of free dance classes and low cover dance nights, including Swing Thursday and Tango Friday.
The Merc is the home the Denver Slam Poetry Team.
- Payment Methods
- Cash and Checks Accepted. No credit cards accepted.
- Cross Streets
- 22nd & California
- Free Lot and Street Parking Difficult. Free lot available across the street, $2 lot available behind Mercury Cafe.